Wednesday 19 September 2012

Mushrooms and smoothie

I have put those too things together in this blogging title but they aren't actually directly related (although a mushroom smoothie may be interesting I have never actually had one) I just want to blog about them both. I have a bit of an obsession about the thought of picking wild mushrooms as my fiancee would tell you, as soon as I see one I get so excited, there is a yellow one on the tree out side my house. The problem is I have no idea which ones are edible or poisnous and although I have been longing to chomp my teeth into one I have had to resist because the little resreach I have done hasn't really helped me be overly sure which ones are absolutely fine to eat. I've looked into going on a foraging course but they're just so expensive. So if anyone has any information about mushrooms or foraging course, I'd be very grateful for input. Now the smoothie is just a side thing, we have decided to use the raspberries that we picked the other day along with some very lovely sweet apples we found to make a smoothie, which I am very excited about, we have decided to make it on my birthday which is this saturday, which will be then followed by a picnic. I am going to be 22, which feels weird, I always imagined I'd stay at 18 but here I am moving quickly through my 20's. I have great hopes for this smoothie and will share the recipe when we have found/made one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.